Antonio Gades Foundation invites designers and visual artists to participate in this biennial contest for graphic and audiovisual’s proposals. The creative idea of this contest should start from the reflection of the participants around three concepts:
- The gesture and passion in the work of the choreographer Antonio Gades.
- The revolution that the choreographic creation of Antonio Gades meant and how it influenced at the Spanish and flamenco dance evolution.
- The 50th anniversary of the choreographic performance Bodas de Sangre based on the Federico García Lorca’s drama
The works to be presented will be unpublished and free technique. As a fundamental requirement, the proposals must be inspired by the choreographic show Bodas de Sangre and shall refer to the figure of the creator. They can explore different levels of abstraction, but not reach total abstraction as a graphic resource.
- Best graphic design and image: €800
- Best audiovisual: €1,200
- April 24, 2023: Inscription and submission of proposals. Online submissions here.
- May 27, 2023: Inscription closes
- June 10, 2023, at midnight: submission of proposals closes.
- June 27, 2023: announcement of awarded proposals
- September 18, 2023: awards ceremony and opening of the exhibition.
- September 18 to October 7, 2023: Exhibition of the works of the winners and finalists at the inauguration in the Lorenzo Vaquero Hall of the Getafe Theater (Madrid – Spain)
CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
For further information, read the terms and conditions here.