Antonio Gades: 60 Years of Spanish Dance
The Antonio Gades: 60 years of Spanish dance informative exhibition is a series of 18 panels that summarize the artistic side of the man who revolutionized the world of Spanish and flamenco dance, shaping both disciplines in such a way that they manage to express the deepest concerns of the human spirit, within an aesthetic language purified and rooted in the traditions and culture of the Spanish people.
Antonio Esteve Ródenas was born in Elda (Alicante) in 1936, to a family as humble as it was convinced of its ethical and political convictions. He left school at the age of 11 and started working a series of jobs (bellboy, newspaper delivery boy, nougat vendor, etc.) to help his family. He started dancing at the age of 14, a relationship that will take him from the lessons of his lifelong teacher, Pilar López, to a reputation as one of the greatest figures in world dance. Antonio's unwavering curiosity (something he would keep alive his entire life), his enormous capacity for hard work and his desire for justice for human rights are the cornerstones on which his amazing achievements were built. The places and times in which he lived, his hobbies and the people he met around the world from the time he was just a child, when he found in dance his vehicle for expression, his way to fight, are also a crucial part of this foundation.
Now that he is gone, nothing says more about Gades than his stage work, but the photographs, press clippings, posters, programs and interviews featured on the panels of this exhibition by the Antonio Gades Foundation help shape the idea of a man whose light continues to shine brightly on the world of dance, beyond the passing of time and certain events.
- 4 life-size silhouettes of Antonio Gades with pedestal.
- 20 curved aluminum sandwich boards (in 10 double-sided supports). Size of each panel 130 x 200 cm.
- Weight of each support (two panels): 20 kg approx.
- These panels can be joined together in groups of three or nine.
- 2 aluminum-lined wooden flightcases with wheels, which can be transported in a vertical or horizontal position and used to store the exhibition, 2.32 m x 1.38 m x 0.55 cm.
- Total volume of both flightcases: 3.52 m3 (1.76 m3 3 c/u).
- Total weight 360 kg approx. or per flight case: 180 kg.
- Supports (20 kg x 5) + flightcase 60 kg + (silhouettes + posters) 20 kg.
Small format (single panels)
- 20 vinyl panels on an aluminum sheet. (78 cm x 120 cm x 4 mm).
- Weight of each panel: 5 kg approx.
- 2 aluminum-lined wooden flightcases with wheels, which can be transported in a vertical or horizontal position and used to store the exhibition, 1.52 m x 86 m x 0.55 m c/u.
- Flightcase volume: to be determined.
- Volume of both flightcases: to be determined.
- Total weight 180 kg approx. or per flight case: 90 kg
- 20 panels 45 kg + flightcase 45 kg.